In order to keep the club working, profitable and in line with the recommendations by the BHA the clubs management outline below the club rules and constitution.
- Provide members with the ultimate thrill of race horse ownership at a fraction of the cost.
- Create a large enough horse racing club to support the purchase of quality horses to compete at the highest level. We seek to establish and maintain a progressive portfolio of progressive horses, capable of winning races.
- Fun is very high on the agenda, so stable visits and social themed events will provide great opportunities to socialise and network.
- Club Name & Registration
The name shall be Olly Murphy Racing Club.
This name is to remain the name of the club and shall not be altered Olly Murphy Racing Club shall appear on declarations and not in any one persons name.
Membership of the club is available to all provided you can comfortably meet the upfront payment and monthly costs. Joining a racing club a luxury some may not be able to afford. If you think that you may not be able to meet the monthly payments we would ask that you to wait until you are in a stronger financial position and then reapply for club membership. Membership is effective for a full period of 12 months from whatever date the Member joins.
- An opportunity to follow every one of the horses owned by the Club
- An opportunity to share the club colours and be involved with a leading trainer in National Hunt Racing
- Any prize money won by the horses during the period of membership is distributed equally amongst the Members in accordance with the terms and conditions herein.
- The racecourses limit Owners Badges to 4 or 6 badges and will organise a draw for these complimentary badges. The Club will use reasonable endeavours to obtain additional discounted entry badges to be provided to Members at cost for family and friends. Members must notify the club manager their intentions to attend a race day where the club horse is running to benefit from any discounted tickets at least 48 hours beforehand.
- Olly’s weekly updates via emails and the clubs App will keep members updated on the progress of the club horses and his views and ideas about the current National Hunt season campaign generally.
- Stable visits and other themed events are organised for members throughout the year. You will be able to find out exactly what it takes for a horse to be trained and prepared for a race. You will get to meet and know the hard working staff who invest so much time into the horses, what the top jockeys go through in order to succeed in such a gruelling and unforgiving sport and get to meet the trainer who everyone is talking about.
- Regular competitions for the chance to win signed racing memorabilia, tickets to the races, and many more.
- The Club organises optional hospitality events at many of the leading racecourses and these are charged to Members at commercial rates. Members are welcome to bring guests along to these events.
All training related expenses are not the responsibility of the racing club. All Club horse(s) are leased and, if sold, we will endeavour to find a replacement(s) as quickly as possible.
In the event that any club horse(s) is injured then it is the responsibility of the racing manager and the trainer to find a replacement. The club will aim to have a minimum of 1 horse in training with the trainer at any given time.
Members are reminded that the club allows them to have an interest in the activities of the club and does not amount to racehorse ownership. Membership is primarily an entertainment. It is not an investment opportunity and cannot be utilised for any commercial purpose.
The trustees for the club shall be Oliver Murphy and Ed Tefler should be the only persons responsible for liaising with the BHA. Only the trustees need to liaise with the BHA or Weatherby’s regarding Olly Murphy Club. Our clubs horses in training and race information will provided by email, social media and the club APP :
- The trustees shall be responsible for associated paperwork with the Weatherby’s.
- No member of the club should engage with the trainer, racecourses, media on the clubs behalf or on racing related matters.
- Decision Making Procedures
The clubs management team shall meet at least twice during the year to discuss the club’s membership,
management, horse(s) in training and any other business associated to the running of the club.
In the interest of fairness we may have to vote on certain issues. The management team and trainer reserve the right to
change the horse(s) in the club as they feel fit and proper. All Club horse(s) are leased and, if sold, we will endeavour to
find a replacement as quickly as possible.
Olly Murphy Racing Club reserve the right to terminate or suspend your membership with immediate effect at any time if – Any conduct by you which, in the management’s opinion, is damaging to the character or interests of the racing club or offensive to other members or staff.
- Finance & Club Treasurer
Lesley Oldfield shall be the Club Treasurer and responsible for all financial matters.
- Lesley Oldfield shall be responsible for all financial matters including fees to the trainer, fees to Weatherby’s and to the lease owner of our horse(s).
Three payment options are available for annual membership.
1) A 12 month membership for a one off upfront payment of only €550.
2) An initial £125 oupfront payment with a further x3 payment instalments of £125.00
3) An initial payment of £46 and 11 more instalments each month.
- Prize money won by the horses (see below) during the period of membership is distributed amongst the members every 12 months. There can never be any guarantee of any level of prize money, given that this is dependent on how well the horses perform on the racecourse and the quantity of Members at the point of each race.
- The sum distributed to Members per specific race is determined by the relative net total paid to the Club by Weatherby’s. The additional deductions from the total ace prize fund are entry and supplement fees the deductions also extend to trainer/jockey/groom expenses and the buying and the cost of buying /leasing horses.
- In all circumstances the 12 months membership fee is not subject to any additional requests for payment in relation to the keeping and training of the racehorses, no matter what costs the Club may incur.
- If the management of the Club is of the opinion at any time that there are insufficient Members to fund the Club’s activities at a level consistent with its objectives then the Management reserves the right not to proceed with the intended horse racing activities of the Club and reserves the right, to refund to all those who have paid a yearly membership fee the full amount of that subscription without interest.
Olly MurphyRacing Club will run a prize money dividend period every 12 months
The club prize money will be calculated on 30th Novembe each calendar year and distributed amongst current qualifying members.
The amount will be calculated on a monthly basis to enable the administrators to fairly proportion the monies according to the members membership period.
To qualify for prize money you must be a member for at least 6 consecutive months during the dividend period which ensures members joining late in the year don’t have to play catch up with fees, nor do they dilute the input of long standing members. All membership fees must be up to date at the time of distribution.
Prize Money dividends are not guaranteed and are subject to Weatherbys deductions of entry/declaration/jockey/registrations fees.
The club reserves the right to use the monies to purchase new horses for club ownership after which if the horse purchased by the club is sold then the sale monies will be returned to the club funds for re investment or member distribution.
In all circumstances the 12 months membership fee is not subject to any additional requests for payment in relation to the keeping and training of the racehorses, no matter what costs the Club may incur.
- Non Payment Of Accounts
It is vital to the running of the club that all payments due are made on time. Provisions should be made to ensure there is no instance where non-payment occurs. Members who fail to pay membership fees for two consecutive months are deemed to be in arrears and shall have their membership made void. Any monies owed to an individual shall be held by the club. The upfront payment is non-refundable.
- If an individual is unable to pay on the specified date they must let the club manager know by email at least one week before payment is due.
- Expulsion of non-paying members shall be made by the management of Olly Murphy Racing Club to protect the interests of other members.
- Members cannot sell membership to third parties.
- Any lapsed or nonpaying member shall no longer be permitted to use the Members Area of the club website.
- Resignation Of A Member
Members can choose to leave the Club at any time, but will not receive a refund. Olly Murphy Racing Club will not wish to burden any member with a cost they cannot afford. The aim of the club is aims to enjoy and grow a membership of like-minded people who come here not just to enjoy racing but give you an exclusive opportunity to experience ownership. We do member not expect to cause financial hardships for you so we hope that you do not leave us with a shortfall. Olly Murphy Racing Club ask that should you for any reason no longer wish to be part of the club you give six weeks’ notice to the registered agent in writing and by telecommunication.
- All accounts of the retiring member are to be cleared in advance of acceptance of Notice Of Resignation.
- All monies due will be paid to the retiring if the correct process of leaving has occurred.
- The management of Olly Murphy Racing Club have carefully planned for the club to have a successful future but should the club be dissolved or disbanded for any reason Olly Murphy Racing Club will pay any fees owed to Weatherby’s as a priority.
Risk accepted by Members
In view of the unpredictable nature of owning and racing racehorses, save as set out expressly in this Contract no guarantees or warranties whatsoever are made by Olly Murphy Racing Club. The Member acknowledges and accepts that participation in the Club is for the purpose of sharing in the enjoyment of the Horses and horse racing and not for investment purposes. b) Whilst it is the Manager’s intention to have 4 Horses in training at any one time, it may not be possible to make a replacement if a horse is either injured or retired.
Olly Murphy Racing Club reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions at any time.